With only four ingredients these tortillas are defiantly more than what meets the eye. You can prep them ahead of time they last up to four days in the fridge and a week in the freezer just remove them the day of and let them defrost in the fridge.
I really enjoy how simple these are to make and how durable they are to top with ingredients. I made some Huevos Rancheros this morning and looking forward to eating the leftover tortillas tonight. Maybe even turn these into cassava flour chips?! Winning!
3/4 Cup Cassava Flour [Otto’s Naturals]
2 Tbs Olive oil
1/3 Cup & 3 Tbs Warm Water
1/4 Tsp Salt
I followed the recipe on the back but ended up adding more water because my dough was too dry.
Also rolling them out in between parchment paper is easy if you don’t have a tortilla press. They came out tasty and were able to hold the Huevos Rancheros I made. Excited to use them for different recipes!! Great things to come!
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
2. Add the warm water and Oil and kneed together to form a dough.
3. Roll into six balls.
4. Using parchment paper roll them out and keep them thin.
5. Preheat a dry skillet and add in a tortilla when hot. One at a time.
6. Once it starts to puff up flip over and cook on the other side until brown. Tortillas should be soft, not stiff.
7. Set aside preferably on a wire rack.