1/2 Cup Coconut Butter
1/4 Cup Coconut oil
3/4 Cup Shredded Coconut (Best package to get will have 1 ingredient, Shredded Coconut)
1 Tbs Brain Octane oil (Bulletproof, *Optional)
1 Cup Raw Macadamia Nuts
1 Tbs Cocoa Butter (* Optional)
Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
1. In a pan on low heat add Coconut Butter, Coconut oil, Cocoa Butter, Salt and Coconut shavings. Melt all together and stir often so it doesn’t burn
2. Crush Macadamia nuts and add them into melted mixture.
3. Pour into cupcake holders or any mold you want and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
4. After they harden, place in the fridge.
5. When your ready to eat allow to thaw for 5 minutes or so. They will start to melt a bit and get softer.
These are amazing for a snack and for me 2 is filling. Of course, that doesn’t stop me from attempting to eat all 12. You can eat all 12 but its best to share these amazing pieces of goodness.
What are fat bombs?
They are called fat bombs because they are packed full of good fats. Those following a Ketogenic diet aim to eat high fat, no sugar, no carb, diet. It really is an amazing diet to try. I go into ketosis every morning from the time I wake up until around 2 pm if I decide I want to have some type of carb for lunch ( usually sweet potatoes of organic white rice). I love the clear-mindedness it gives me and the ability to have bulletproof coffee in the morning (high-fat coffee) and not be hungry till 6 hours later. Coconut and Macadamias are a great combo and full of healthy fats, oils, vitamins, and potassium. I enjoy adding Cocoa Butter because it contains oleic, stearic, and palmitic acids and of course more good fats. Fat bombs are ideal for a busy lifestyle and give you energy. For many, it can curb sugar cravings and a high-fat diet can cause weight loss and increased energy.
-While these are extremely delicious they will need to be kept cold before eating. Remember leaving that chocolate bar in the hot car? Well, these things will start melting in temperatures over 70. This isn’t bad but I want to save you from having to clean it up.